The Hardest Part About Getting Fit
The problem many people face when trying to get fit is that they are just not motivated enough. Just getting healthier and looking better doesn’t seem to be enough. I’ve been guilty of that, no matter how many times I’ve started to go to the gym and decided to eat healthier, it never lasts for very long. I’ve caught myself on many occasions wondering why that is, what I’ve come to think is that it’s the same reason behind why people don’t quit smoking. We all know that smoking and eating unhealthily is most likely to kill you, but it just seems so far away.
Although we human beings are probably the only species on earth that know for a fact that we will eventually die, studies have shown that most of us assume we will reach to be a 100 years old. That simply is not the case, those of us that don’t take care of ourselves will live shorter than those that do. The average life expectancy in 1st world countries is about 80 years, smoking on average cuts about 13 years of that, about the same for those of us that are too fat, if you combine being overweight (or obese) with being a smoker you cut on average 20 years of your life. But still people don’t seem to think this applies to them. In other words, just reading this information is not motivating enough to take drastic action!
The real trick to get motivated is by focusing on the immediate benefit. It takes a while to notice any change on yourself when you start exercising and eating right. What actually motivated me to change my lifestyle was when I realized how much money I was spending on being unhealthy. I was a smoker and pretty owerweight, although I was making decent money I was still in debt and hardly had any savings. In the end I managed to save $700 a month by giving up my unhealthy habbits, this was very motivating to say the least. Today I still have some way to go before reaching my goal of having a six-pack, but money is not my main motivator anymore. Instead I can see the actual physical change (I’ve had to make 2 new holes in my belt!), that is more motivating than anything. To see the results of your hard work is amazing. I want to help as many people as possible to feel that same feeling
Most of you have heard of crowd funding websites like indiegogo.com and kickstarter.com, these are fantastic websites that help people make their dreams come true. They work in the way that entrepreneurs pitch an idea and ask people to help them fund it, offering some sort of reward, according to the amount people pledge. On most crowd funding sites, people set a goal of how much money they need in a certain amount of time (normally 30, 60 or 90 days), if that goal is not reached nothing will be paid out and the people that pledged money will get a refund.
My idea for Wosla.com is that people set a goal, for example how many pounds they want to lose or even how many pounds of muscle they want to add, if that goal is not reached at the end of the project, they will not get any money and people will get a refund. Lets say a person starts a campaign of 3 months, after the first month they have gathered pledges of $1000, but they are not 100% on track, the thought of missing out on those $1000 (and potentially a lot more since they have 2 more months to gather pledges) will be a massive motivation to get back on track. People could also gather funds for a charity that stands close to their hearts, I mean getting fit and gathering money for starving children, win win!
Another aspect of Wosla.com that I want to make happen is to create a strong community. People can register their profiles, and even if they don’t want to gather funds they could still be a part of the community. I’ve found that in my quest for health that putting my plans out there for everyone to see has been extremely helpful, you don’t want to make yourself look bad by not doing what you said you would do. My hope is that this will be a community with people helping and motivating each other to do better and stick to eating healthy and exercising
I’m asking for your help. Creating a website like this is not cheap.
Here‘s a list of just a few of the things I‘ll have to do before I can legally start processing campaigns for anyone other than me:
- Lawyer and Accountant fees + incorporating – $3000-$4000
- Hosting – $99 per month
- Salary for one person $1500 – $2000 a month
- Design work – $5000
- App for smartphones, both Android and iOS – $5000 – $8000
Any suggestions for additional features would be more than welcome.
Also, if you do pledge some money, it will not go unrewarded!
- For a pledge of $10 you will get the app when it comes out
- For a pledge of $20 you will get the app and my amazing soup recipe eBook
- For a pledge of $30 you will get the above and advice on your campaign if you decide to start one
- For a pledge of $50 all of the above plus advice on your workout schedule
- For a pledge of $100 all of the above plus a personalized workout schedule
- For a pledge of $200 all of the above plus no fees will be placed on your campaign (10% fee will normally be placed on all campaigns)
- For a pledge of $300 all of the above plus I’ll be your personal remote trainer for a month. I’ll call you at least three times per week, give advice. Together, we’ll plan a highly-effective and realistic workout schedule that will take into account your work/family schedule, goals, background, equipment resources, and other important information (this is limited to 8 backers)
- For a pledge of $500 all of the above and I will personally help you with your campaign, I’ll promote it and do as much as I possibly can to make sure you make as much money as possible (this is limited to 5 backers)
So what do you think? If you’re not 100% sure yet, feel free to sign up for the newsletter to get regular updates on the progress of Wosla.com ↓
Last But Not Least
Please help spread the word! If you know anyone that might be interested let them know. You can also use the buttons below to share ↓
Even if you don’t pledge money, spreading the word helps a lot!
If you made it all the way down here I thank you for your time!